Kraft Recalls 1.2 Million Cases of Cottage Cheese
Recipe of the day
- Velveeta Bagel Bites and 9 More Insane Mashups That Could Come Out of the Kraft-Heinz Merger
- Heinz and Kraft Merge to Form World’s Fifth-Largest Food Company
- No More Ketchup Bottle Abuse: This No-Stick Bottle Invention Is Genius
- Olive Tree Disease Strikes Italy
- Cheez-It’s New Marketing Campaign: Sending a Giant Portrait of Our Writer in Cheez-It Form
A manufacturing error at a California plant has led to a massive cottage cheese recall, as Kraft Foods officials say the products could spoil before their best-by dates.
According to The Huffington Post, Kraft has voluntarily recalled 1.2 million cases of cottage cheese as a precautionary measure after it was discovered that some cottage cheese ingredients were not stored properly at a manufacturing plant. Out of concern that not having stored some ingredients at proper temperatures could lead to food-borne illnesses or spoiling in the final product, Kraft has recalled cases of Kundsen Cottage Cheese, Breakstone’s Cottage Cheese, Simply Kraft Cottage Cheese, and Daily Chef Cottage Cheese.
Only products shipped to US retailers are affected, and the recalled containers of Kraft Foods cottage cheese and cottage cheese products are marked with a date between May 9 and July 23 on either the bottoms of the cups or the tops of the packages. Any such products can be returned to stores for exchanges or refunds.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts