- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons capers, rinsed and minced
- 2 teaspoons minced shallot
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried wild Greek oregano, crumbled
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
We put this dressing in a squeeze bottle and drizzle it on virtually everything that comes off the restaurant’s spit or grill: dry-aged rib-eye steak, lamb chops, chicken, whole fish, shellfish, even grilled vegetables. The capers, garlic, oregano, and lemon impart an instantly recognizable Greek taste. To keep the dressing fresh and vibrant, we combine all the ingredients except for the lemon juice in the morning. Then, in small batches as needed throughout the day, we whisk in the lemon juice. You can do the same at home if you need to prepare the dressing ahead.
In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, capers, shallot, garlic, parsley, and fresh oregano. Add the dried oregano and whisk in salt and pepper to taste.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts