Kittichai Hot Toddy
We try a Thai twist on the classic
Today on The Daily Meal
- Cook and Janitor of Nursing Home Kept Working without Pay Because 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Outpouring of Appreciation for Cook and Janitor Who Stayed Behind at Shuttered Nursing Home (and How You Can Help)
- 8 Irish Whiskies Beyond Jameson
- America’s Unhealthiest Fast Foods
- 8 Great Thanksgiving Toasts for Every Family
Late winter weather calls for some seriously comforting drinks. So we headed over to Kittichai in the 60 Thompson Hotel to find a drink that can sooth the cold weather and make us dream of a tropical location.
What we ended up with was the Kittichai Hot Toddy, a twist on the classic with some new Thai flavors. For this cocktail we add spices to give extra flavor and then add the tropical Mekhong, a liquor that is distilled in Thailand and made primarily from sugar cane.
To make the cocktail, we start by adding three star anise, 1 teaspoon of fresh cloves, one cinnamon stick, and a dollop of Calamansi honey to a small teapot. Add 8 ounces of hot water and then let the mixture sit for approximately two minutes. In a glass, add 2 ounces of Mekhong whiskey and then top it off with the mixture from the teapot. Enjoy instantly while it’s hot!
Watch the video above to see how to make the Kittichai Hot Toddy or head to Kittichai to have the pros make it for you.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts