KFC Wine Pairings
Today on The Daily Meal
- Cook and Janitor of Nursing Home Kept Working without Pay Because 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Outpouring of Appreciation for Cook and Janitor Who Stayed Behind at Shuttered Nursing Home (and How You Can Help)
- McDonald’s Hires Ex-MythBuster to Improve Self-Image
- 8 Irish Whiskies Beyond Jameson
- America’s Unhealthiest Fast Foods
I'm back at the dinner table, checking off another one of your favorite fast food joints and this time it's finger lickin' good. Chicken tends to be a fairly easy dish to pair with wines and seeing that we are in full summer mode, it's the perfect time to break out your favorite whites. Chicken's best friend, right?
Well, yes and no. One of the reasons chicken is so wine-friendly is because it's fairly neutral and takes on the character of the seasoning and method of preparation. That should make things pretty straightforward: grilled chicken can take a bigger wine; fried chicken needs bright acidity to combat the grease. It's all cut-and-dried. So which dish went better with the Vouvray, how did the Sauvignon Blanc fare and what about Pinot Grigio? Find out how your favorites did, and what the wild card winner was in our KFC Challenge!
—Gregory Dal Piaz
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts