- We're independent! Let's cook out!
KFC Makes a Tsunami Blunder in Thailand and More News
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
The Daily Meal's Weekly Media Mix rounds up the week's big food stories.
• The California Supreme Court ruled that restaurants must give workers meal and rest breaks within a certain time during shifts, although they don't have to check that employees take those 30-minute breaks. [NRN]
• Portland's Andy Ricker is bringing his super popular Thai restaurant, Pok Pok, to Brooklyn, N.Y., slated to open Monday. [Eater]
Shame of the Week
• The Internet is searching for a mysterious blonde who allegedly attacked a restaurant manager with her Louboutins, after the manager intervened in a scuffle outside his restaurant. [Daily Mail]
• Organic cotton and outdoor gear purveyor Patagonia is now releasing a line of salmon jerky, which is obviously made from sustainable salmon. [BusinessWeek]
• Customers were miffed at KFC in Thailand after the fried chicken joint wrote on their Facebook, "Let’s hurry home and follow the earthquake news. And don’t forget to order your favorite KFC menu." [Washington Post]
Chefs and Personalities
• Wolfgang Puck is also getting an app; it's free, and has a bunch of recipes and videos, and sorts it all by season. [GrubStreet]
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts