- Lorenzo Delmonico born (1881)
Kentucky Speedway Serves Regional Flavors at Quaker State 400
Recipe of the day
- La Tomatina, Spain’s 70th Annual Tomato-Throwing Festival, Is Today’s Google Doodle
- The Craziest Corn Mazes in America
- From Farms to Orchards: The Top Places to Pick Apples in America
- This Unbelievable Bacon Brisket Bomb Won First Place at the Iowa State Fair
- The Food Film Festival: Where You Can Eat Whatever You See on Screen
Kentucky Speedway Executive Chef James Pierson is the man behind the two menus, and he sought to showcase flavors of the Bluegrass State, as well as honor Danica Patrick’s commitment to wellbeing and good health.
Teaming up with Levy Restaurants, the new Jim Beam-sponsored menu at Kentucky Stillhouse featured dishes prepared with Kentucky bourbon and regional Kentucky flavors. Items included Devil’s Cut barbecue and bacon sausage, Jim Beam bluegrass bourbon burger, Jim Beam honey mustard chicken tenders, and Reg Stag pulled pork barbecue — a step up from your average NASCAR fare.
Even more out of the ordinary for the setting was a second menu of Danica Patrick’s Fit Fuel Station featuring healthy and fresh options. Fruit and vegetable cups, grilled chicken sandwich, grilled turkey sandwich, grilled veggie burger, a vegetable chopped salad, and healthy snacks such as baked chips, trail mix, and energy bars were offered.
Matt Kenseth won the race.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts