- Worcestershire sauce introduced (1937)
Kefi Lamb Burger
- 1 Teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for the grill
- 1 slice sweet onion
- 8 Ounces ground lamb
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1 scallion, green and white parts, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic confit*
- 1 Teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 Teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 Teaspoon dried dill
- 1/4 Teaspoon crushed coriander
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 leaves arugula
- 4 Greek olives, pitted and diced
- 4 pieces sun-dried tomato
- 2 Tablespoons crumbled feta
- 1 Teaspoon dill
- 1 Tablespoon mint
- 1 Teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 brioche bun
Take a trip to the Mediterranean with this Greek-inspired lamb burger. A combination of dried parsley, oregano, and dill lends pleasant herbal flavors to the lamb patties, and a well-dressed salad with feta tops the patty.
See all burger recipes.
Preheat the grill over medium-high heat. Coat the grill with olive oil.
Grill the onion until there are grill marks on both sides, about 3-5 minutes per side. Remove from the heat. Combine the lamb, shallot, scallion, garlic confit, parsley flakes, oregano, dill, and coriander in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and mix well. Form a ½-inch-thick patty (do not overhandle the meat).
Brush the grill with more olive oil and grill to medium-rare, about 3 minutes per side. Meanwhile, combine the onion, arugula, olives, sun-dried tomato, feta, dill, mint, lemon juice, and olive oil in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and mix well to combine. Place the patty on the bun, top with the salad, and serve.