Keeping Your Muffins from Sticking to the Pan
Feb 25, 2013 | 12:05 pm
Have you ever had the terrible experience of pouring your heart and soul into something you were baking only to have it fall to pieces as soon as you tried to take it out of the pan? After you get over your disappointment you think, “Why did this happen to me?” You thought you put enough butter in your pan but still the muffins stuck and now they are in pieces. Here are some baking tips to help prevent this issue.
1. Spray your pan – Before you put the ingredients into the pan, spray the pan with a no-stick cooking spray. It works much better than butter or margarine and leaves you with an exceptionally shaped muffin that maintains a delicious taste.
2. Spray your serving tools – If you are using a knife or spatula to serve your muffins use a no-stick cooking spray to spray down your tools. This prevents the muffin from severely crumpling or loosing shape when it is cut or taken out of the pan.
Now that you have some cooking tips, it is your turn to try making muffins again. Here is great recipe for your enjoyment:
Blueberry Lemon Yogert Muffins
• PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
• 1-1/2 cups Ultragrain® All Purpose Flour
• 1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
• 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1-1/2 cups plain nonfat yogurt
• 4 tablespoons Fleischmann's® Unsalted-stick, melted
• 1/4 cup Egg Beaters® Original
• 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen, thawed & drained
• 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel (zest)
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray 12-cup regular muffin pan with cooking spray. Blend together flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl.
2. Stir together yogurt, Fleischmann's and Egg Beaters in small bowl. Pour yogurt mixture into center of dry ingredients; stir just until blended using rubber spatula. Do not overmix. Fold in blueberries and lemon peel.
3. Divide batter evenly between prepared muffin cups. Bake 15 minutes or until wooden pick inserted near centers comes out clean. Cool in pan 5 minutes. Remove from muffin cups and cool completely on wire rack.