- Juan Mari Arzak born (1942)
Kale, Avocado, and Ricotta Pie Recipe
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 2 Hass avocados, 1 mashed and the other sliced into slivers
- 2/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 6 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- 1 ½ bunches kale, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- ½ vidalia onion, diced
- ½ cup canned artichokes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Oil, for greasing
- Strawberry Pesto Recipe
- Gorgonzola-Stuffed Turkey Burgers Recipe
- Pear, Spinach & Blue Cheese Salad Recipe
- Watermelon with Mint and Feta Recipe
- Slow-Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe
- Chorizo and Poblano Tacos Recipe
- Bacon Cheeseburger Recipe
- Grilled Brie and Tomato Sandwich Recipe
- Greek Lamb and Orzo Recipe
This is a very simple dish, as good for dinner as it is for brunch. You can play around with the ingredients a bit, adding more artichoke or avocado, or substituting spinach for kale or sausage for bacon. You can't go wrong — unless you forget to garnish with a delicious ripe avocado.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
In a large bowl, combine the eggs, mashed avocado, and cheeses. Stir in the chopped bacon, kale, garlic, artichokes, and onion, along with the spices.
Pour contents of bowl into the greased cake pan and cook until the pie is set and a bit crispy on top, about 35 minutes.
Cool for 5 minutes and serve topped with slivers of avocado.