Kale and Feta Burrito
- One 15-ounce can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- Salt, to taste
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 bunch kale, torn into 2- to 3-inch pieces
- Dash of cayenne
- Two 8-inch flour (or spinach) tortillas, steamed lightly
- 1 Cup brown rice, cooked
- 2-4 Tablespoons crumbled feta
- Spicy Three Cheese Mac & Cheese
- Four-Onion Pizza with Goat Cheese
- Lite and Amazing French Onion Dip
- Vegan Chili and Cornbread Casserole
- Vegan Roasted Sweet Potato Quesadillas
- Vegan Mediterranean Pita Pockets
- Sweet and Spicy Hash Browns
- Goat Cheese and Chorizo Crostini
- Green Tomato and Cantaloupe Caprese Salad
I shamefully admit that I am new to the kale wagon. I resisted the trend for quite a while, but recently caved and have since fallen head over heels for the leafy green love machine. When faced with the challenge of creating a vegetarian burrito that stood out from the pack, I immediately turned to kale for the starring role. Joined by sautéed red onions, pinto beans, brown rice and, wait for it — feta cheese — I knew I had found the cast of ingredients I needed. This one's a knockout.
Heat the beans in a small saucepan over low heat. Add water and some salt to taste, if necessary.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the red onion and sauté until lightly browned, 6-7 minutes. Add the kale and continue cooking, stirring frequently until the kale begins to wilt. Season with the cayenne.
To serve, place a generous portion of rice, beans, kale, and onions, in the center of each tortilla. Top with feta before folding shut.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts