June Just Got a Little Sweeter: Celebrate National Candy Month
Today on The Daily Meal
- Cook and Janitor of Nursing Home Kept Working without Pay Because 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Outpouring of Appreciation for Cook and Janitor Who Stayed Behind at Shuttered Nursing Home (and How You Can Help)
- McDonald’s Hires Ex-MythBuster to Improve Self-Image
- 8 Irish Whiskies Beyond Jameson
- America’s Unhealthiest Fast Foods
Lovers seek out candy hearts and chocolates for Valentine’s Day. Meanwhile, Easter baskets are filled with chocolate bunnies, Peeps, and jelly beans. During December, store shelves are stocked with candy canes for those who celebrate Christmas and chocolate gelt coins for those observing Hanukkah. And of course, Halloween provides children with the perfect opportunity to fill a sack with all kinds of candy, but not before Mom sorts it out, of course.
Candy makes its way into just about every celebration ranging from religious observances to commercial holidays. But what happens in June, a month that isn’t known for having many big holidays? Well…candy becomes a holiday in itself. Break out the Pop Rocks, June is National Candy Month! Forget the fact that Valentine’s Day happens in February and Christmas happens in December and start celebrating the sweet stuff in June.
If you are planning on having a party in June, why not throw some candy into the mix? Feature a candy bar – complete with Skittles, M&M’s, and Reese’s. Make your guests feel like they are kids again by hanging a piñata. Or get inspired by The Daily Meal’s ultimate guide to candy around the world.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts