- St. Martha: Patron of Dieticians
Meryl Streep Becomes 'The Iron Chef'
Recipe of the day
Most popular Stories
- Thomas Keller on the Simplicity of Good Hospitality and What Young Cooks Must Have to Succeed
- The Best Young Culinary Minds: Zagat’s 30 Under 30 List Is Released
- An Interview with French Chef Cesar Troisgros: Part 2
- An Interview with French Chef Cesar Troisgros: Part 1
- Talking Chocolate with Mr. Chocolate, Master Chef Jacques Torres
Everyone in the office is excited for Meryl Streep's latest film, The Iron Lady, out Jan. 13, 2012, but who can forget her Julia Child? So, here's a mashup that combines Julia & Julia (the good parts) with The Iron Lady.
Presumably, The Iron Chef follows a woman who makes it in the male-dominated cooking world and brings French cusine to all. Some parts don't jive (What about the islands? What does that have to do with cooking? Why are there protests?), but it's still amusing to see Streep's Julia Child and Margaret Thatcher side by side.
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts