- Taco Day
Meryl Streep Becomes 'The Iron Chef'
Recipe of the day
- The One Food That Guy Fieri Will Never Eat
- Mario Batali Has Choice Words for Pope Francis: ‘Why Would He Meet with That Woman?’
- Trump Secures Tenant for His DC Hotel After Chefs José Andrés, Geoffrey Zakarian Withdraw
- Art Smith, Mike Lata, and Charleston’s Best Chefs Cook Up a Southern Feast
- 5 Things You Didn’t Know About Alex Guarnaschelli
Everyone in the office is excited for Meryl Streep's latest film, The Iron Lady, out Jan. 13, 2012, but who can forget her Julia Child? So, here's a mashup that combines Julia & Julia (the good parts) with The Iron Lady.
Presumably, The Iron Chef follows a woman who makes it in the male-dominated cooking world and brings French cusine to all. Some parts don't jive (What about the islands? What does that have to do with cooking? Why are there protests?), but it's still amusing to see Streep's Julia Child and Margaret Thatcher side by side.
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts