Jonathan Waxman Guest DJs on KCRW
Recipe of the day
- The Best Food Safety Tips for Blizzards
- Gordon Ramsay and 9 Other Chefs Who Cheated Death
- Michael Moore, Seth Rogen Banned from Michigan Restaurant over ‘American Sniper’ Comments
- Healthy and Fast: Wholesome Meals You Can Make in 30 Minutes or Less
- What is the Most Nutritious Vegetable You Could Have?
- Is Papa John a Pizza Traitor? Pizza Mogul Caught Eating Slice with Knife and Fork
- Neil Gaiman, Jeffrey Eugenides, and More Join Chipotle’s Cultivating Thought Series
- Guy Fieri’s Proposed ‘Hunt-Ryd’ Sonoma County Winery Rejected by Zoning Board
- Here’s an Amazing Photo of Chef José Andrés Hanging Out with a Stingray at the Cayman Cookout
- World Champion Boxer Floyd Mayweather, Jr. Says He and Gordon Ramsay will Open the World’s Best Restaurant Together
He waxed poetic about Marvin Gaye's "Sexual Healing," talked about playing the trombone and wanting to be a rock star, and reminisced about Paris in the '70s.
His complete track list? The Beach Boys' "God Only Knows," Marvin Gaye's "Sexual Healing," John Coltrane's "Naima," The Police's "Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic," and Steely Dan's "Deacon Blues."
"I think music is so misunderstood in terms of how food is on the plate," Waxman told host Eric Lawrence. "My wife always yells at me that I'm playing too much rock 'n' roll when I'm prepping food for dinner on Sunday night. I say, 'Well, you know, honey, it inspires me.'" Listen below, or head over to KCRW's web site to download the episode.
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts