Jonathan Waxman Guest DJs on KCRW
Recipe of the day
- The 25th James Beard Awards Unveil the 2015 Top Culinary Class in Chicago
- Joshua Ozersky, Award-Winning Food Critic, Found Dead at Age 47
- Bâtard, Blue Hill at Stone Barns, and More Winners of the 2015 James Beard Awards
- José Andrés Saves Life of Choking Man
- 6 Things You Didn't Know About The Food Network's 'Chopped'
He waxed poetic about Marvin Gaye's "Sexual Healing," talked about playing the trombone and wanting to be a rock star, and reminisced about Paris in the '70s.
His complete track list? The Beach Boys' "God Only Knows," Marvin Gaye's "Sexual Healing," John Coltrane's "Naima," The Police's "Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic," and Steely Dan's "Deacon Blues."
"I think music is so misunderstood in terms of how food is on the plate," Waxman told host Eric Lawrence. "My wife always yells at me that I'm playing too much rock 'n' roll when I'm prepping food for dinner on Sunday night. I say, 'Well, you know, honey, it inspires me.'" Listen below, or head over to KCRW's web site to download the episode.
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts