Jonathan Waxman Guest DJs on KCRW
Today on The Daily Meal
- Cook and Janitor of Nursing Home Kept Working without Pay Because 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Outpouring of Appreciation for Cook and Janitor Who Stayed Behind at Shuttered Nursing Home (and How You Can Help)
- America’s Unhealthiest Fast Foods
- Best Turkey Tips for Thanksgiving
- 8 Irish Whiskies Beyond Jameson
He waxed poetic about Marvin Gaye's "Sexual Healing," talked about playing the trombone and wanting to be a rock star, and reminisced about Paris in the '70s.
His complete track list? The Beach Boys' "God Only Knows," Marvin Gaye's "Sexual Healing," John Coltrane's "Naima," The Police's "Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic," and Steely Dan's "Deacon Blues."
"I think music is so misunderstood in terms of how food is on the plate," Waxman told host Eric Lawrence. "My wife always yells at me that I'm playing too much rock 'n' roll when I'm prepping food for dinner on Sunday night. I say, 'Well, you know, honey, it inspires me.'" Listen below, or head over to KCRW's web site to download the episode.
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts