Jonathan Waxman Guest DJs on KCRW
Recipe of the day
- Marc Forgione on His Cookbook, Abolishing Tips, and His Favorite Vodka
- Noma Documentary Launches Indiegogo Campaign
- Pete Wells Awards No Stars to Javelina, Shows Off His Backhand
- April Bloomfield in Talks for Elaborate 4-Story Restaurant with a Rooftop in Downtown Manhattan
- The Daily Meal Talks Career, Cuisine, and Contributions with Stephan Pyles
He waxed poetic about Marvin Gaye's "Sexual Healing," talked about playing the trombone and wanting to be a rock star, and reminisced about Paris in the '70s.
His complete track list? The Beach Boys' "God Only Knows," Marvin Gaye's "Sexual Healing," John Coltrane's "Naima," The Police's "Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic," and Steely Dan's "Deacon Blues."
"I think music is so misunderstood in terms of how food is on the plate," Waxman told host Eric Lawrence. "My wife always yells at me that I'm playing too much rock 'n' roll when I'm prepping food for dinner on Sunday night. I say, 'Well, you know, honey, it inspires me.'" Listen below, or head over to KCRW's web site to download the episode.
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts