Video: Jon Bonnell On His Book 'Texas Favorites'
The Fort Worth chef shares details about his recipes and Texas cuisine
Today on The Daily Meal
- People Actually Built These Amazing Gingerbread Houses
- How To Host The Perfect Gingerbread House Competition
- Amazon Offers Easy Way To Donate While Finding The Best Cyber Monday Deal
- 6 Interesting Facts about Anthony Bourdain
- Major Fast-Food Workers’ Wage Strike Across 150 US Cities Planned for December 4
Chef Jon Bonnell stopped by The Daily Meal headquarters to discuss his new book, Texas Favorites, and it’s a major turnaround from his previous book, Fine Texas Cuisine.
“This is geared toward the home cook, something everybody can do,” he said.
The book is divided into nine sections, running the gamut from wild game to family-style, Tex-Mex basics, dinner parties, and tailgating.
As for his favorite recipes in the book, Bonnell knew right away: guacamole, which there are three recipes for. “It’s about getting the right balance of a little bit of spice, acidity, the salt; we measured everything out perfectly.”
And while the food might end up looking pretty, Bonnell’s book comes down to one important element: “It’s all about the big flavors,” he said.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts