Joanne Weir on 'Cooking Confidence'
The author and television host discusses her new book
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
We all know people who say they can’t cook. But when Joanne Weir explored why people believe this, the answer surprised her: "I wanted to get people back in the kitchen, and people said the thing they lacked was confidence — and that was shocking to me." As the host of the TV series Joanne Weir’s Cooking Confidence she teaches basic techniques to try and make her students feel comfortable in the kitchen. And now the show has a companion book, also titled Joanne Weir’s Cooking Confidence. As she explains, "If we give them just these little instructions and they try one recipe and they have success with that recipe they’ll try other recipes and, again and again."
Watch the video above to hear more from Weir about the book, as well as her confidence tips! And pick up the book, Joanne Weir’s Cooking Confidence: Dinner Made Simple.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts