- Alton Brown born (1962)
Jean-Georges Heading Up Miami Beach Hotel Food and More News
Recipe of the day
- Skipping Breakfast Puts Diabetics at Risk, New Study Says
- What Is It Like to Be Allergic to All Food? 1 Unlucky Teen Offers a Glimpse Into His Life
- Google Will Now Tell You How Busy Restaurants and Stores Are So You Can Avoid Long Lines
- 10 Ways You’re Wasting Money at the Supermarket
- Why Is Pig Meat Called ‘Pork’?
The Daily Meal brings you the biggest news from the food world.
Jean-Georges to Miami Beach: The acclaimed chef will be partnering with hotelier Ian Schrager on Miami Beach's Edition Hotel. [Miami Herald]
Andy Ricker's Newest Concept: The Pok Pok founder and chef is closing down his curry shop Lat Khao to open Sen Yai, a Thai noodle house this spring. [Portland Monthly]
Food Companies for Sale: With the sale of Heinz, investors believe big corporations might just be looking to buy giant food companies, as the value makes the stock look "fairly priced." Think Campbell's Soup, ConAgra, General Mills, and Unilever. [NY Times]
Paula Deen Dances on TODAY: Here is Deen trying out her salsa at South Beach Wine & Food Festival. She's got moves. [Grub Street]
Night Snacking, Explained: Snacking before sleeping has always been a bad habit of ours (drunk pizza, then bed, anyone?) but naturally, science has to ruin that for us, too. [Live Science]
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts