Jamie Oliver to Open 2 Restaurants in Russia
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- NYC Wine & Food Fest Returns with Midnight Jazz Breakfast, the Art of Sushi, and More
- The Winners of the 2015 Memphis in May World BBQ Cooking Contest
- Here’s a Sneak Peek at the Atlanta Food & Wine Festival 2015
- Punta Mita Gourmet & Golf: A Sumptuous Event in Mexico
- The Romería, an Ancient Spanish Festival, Finds a New Home in South Carolina
Jamie Oliver is set to open two Jamie's Italian restaurant locations in Russia in 2013. Jamie’s Italian Moscow and Jamie’s Italian St. Petersburg will be operated by Ginza Project.
Jamie's Italian, which serves traditional, rustic Italian cuisine, is a partnership between Oliver and his Italian mentor Gennaro Contaldo. Since the first location opened in Oxford, England, in 2008, the chain has expanded to 30 restaurants in England, Australia, Germany, India, and Singapore. In addition to the two locations in Russia, another location will soon open in Perth, Australia.
In keeping with tradition, the Russian outposts will have their own unique flair along with antipasti stations and open kitchens.
"The sites we've got in Moscow and St. Petersburg are in brilliant locations, and the buildings themselves are absolutely stunning. I’m delighted to able to bring the Jamie’s Italian experience to the people of Russia," said Oliver.
Nikki Maniscalco is a Junior Writer at The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter @NikkiMarie2116
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts