Jamie Oliver Launching US Version of Magazine
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
- Acclaimed Chef Peter Chang is Opening a Fast-Casual Concept called Peter Chang Wok
- Obese Chef Dropped Nearly 300 Pounds After His Friend Sent Him Mean Texts Every Day for Six Weeks
- Alex Guarnaschelli Talks Her Upcoming Restaurant and Love for Chocolate
- Australian Celebrity Chef Mark Best Brings Down-Under 'Bistronomy' to Sydney
- Watch: Cronut Creator Dominique Ansel on the Nature of Invention
While Jamie Oliver may have taken over U.S. television in the form of Food Revolution, Oliver's publishing ventures have yet to make it stateside.
Luckily for fans of the chef, CBC reports that an Ottawa publishing company is taking charge of Jamie: Making You a Better Cook, and a North American edition may be released as early as next week.
The original magazine, which has been published in Britain for four years, will be revamped to fit North American needs, covering topics such as Nova Scotia cuisine, and changing up metric measurements for American readers. Also, British lingo is out; "gammon" will be changed to "ham," for example.
North American magazine readers can no longer feel left out of the Oliver universe, and online readers will reportedly get an app with Oliver's recipes and links to buy certain products.
Eater reports the first issue will have a feature on burgers, plus the aformentioned Nova Scotia story, hitting newsstands Nov. 14.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts