- Ray "McDonald's" Kroc born (1902)
Jamie Oliver Announces New Restaurant Location in Brisbane
Recipe of the day
- Dale Talde Dishes on the New York Wine & Food Festival, His Best Meal Ever
- The One Food That Guy Fieri Will Never Eat
- Mario Batali Has Choice Words for Pope Francis: ‘Why Would He Meet with That Woman?’
- Trump Secures Tenant for His DC Hotel After Chefs José Andrés, Geoffrey Zakarian Withdraw
- Art Smith, Mike Lata, and Charleston’s Best Chefs Cook Up a Southern Feast
Down under is getting another taste of “The Naked Chef.” Jamie Oliver is set to open his fifth “Jamie’s Italian” in Australia, this time in Brisbane. The 36-restaurant international rustic Italian food franchise is also in Ireland, Singapore, Sweden, Turkey, Russia and the UK. “Jamie’s Italian” distinguishes itself from other “regular” chain or franchise restaurants because each location’s menu is unique.
“’One of the great things about this space is its size,” said, Pacific Restaurant Group Managing Director Adam Heathcote, in a statement. “With a bigger restaurant and bar area, we have a better ability to show more Brisbane locals what Jamie’s Italian is all about; simple, rustic and wholesome food with fun, friendly and welcoming service.”
The restaurant will open late this year in a multi-level department store, near the Edward Street end of Queen Street Mall but there is no word yet on what the menu will be like at this location. Other Australian locations in Sydney, Perth, Canberra and Adelaide include items such as fried gnocchi, mortadella topped with a blue cheese sauce, truffled turkey Milanese, and ending the meal (of course), with a homemade tiramisu.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts