- Worcestershire sauce introduced (1937)
Jamie Oliver Announces New Restaurant Location in Brisbane
Recipe of the day
- Sandwich King Jeff Mauro Is Opening His First Restaurant Ever in Chicago
- New Orleans’ Chefs Prove Hurricane Katrina was No Match for the City’s Enduring Spirit
- Gail Simmons Dishes on the Upcoming 13th Season of ‘Top Chef’
- Michael Jackson’s Former Personal Chef Will Prepare Jackson’s Favorite Dishes in Honor of His Birthday
- Jared Fogle’s Nonprofit Organization Allegedly Failed to Award Any Grants to Schools and Community Groups
Down under is getting another taste of “The Naked Chef.” Jamie Oliver is set to open his fifth “Jamie’s Italian” in Australia, this time in Brisbane. The 36-restaurant international rustic Italian food franchise is also in Ireland, Singapore, Sweden, Turkey, Russia and the UK. “Jamie’s Italian” distinguishes itself from other “regular” chain or franchise restaurants because each location’s menu is unique.
“’One of the great things about this space is its size,” said, Pacific Restaurant Group Managing Director Adam Heathcote, in a statement. “With a bigger restaurant and bar area, we have a better ability to show more Brisbane locals what Jamie’s Italian is all about; simple, rustic and wholesome food with fun, friendly and welcoming service.”
The restaurant will open late this year in a multi-level department store, near the Edward Street end of Queen Street Mall but there is no word yet on what the menu will be like at this location. Other Australian locations in Sydney, Perth, Canberra and Adelaide include items such as fried gnocchi, mortadella topped with a blue cheese sauce, truffled turkey Milanese, and ending the meal (of course), with a homemade tiramisu.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts