Jamie Oliver Announces New Restaurant Location in Brisbane
Today on The Daily Meal
- Jamie Oliver Sticks Chile Peppers Down His Pants to Announce 'Food Tube'
- Jamie Oliver's New Show ‘Chef Race: UK vs. U.S.’ to Premiere Fall 2012
- An Exclusive Look at Jamie Oliver's Amazing New Line of School Snacks
- Jamie Oliver Teases 'Food Fight Club' with 'Fight Club' Parody
- Jamie Oliver Wants Brad Pitt to Play Him in 'Food Fight'
- Cook and Janitor of Nursing Home Kept Working without Pay Because 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Outpouring of Appreciation for Cook and Janitor Who Stayed Behind at Shuttered Nursing Home (and How You Can Help)
- America’s Unhealthiest Fast Foods
- Best Turkey Tips for Thanksgiving
- 8 Irish Whiskies Beyond Jameson
Down under is getting another taste of “The Naked Chef.” Jamie Oliver is set to open his fifth “Jamie’s Italian” in Australia, this time in Brisbane. The 36-restaurant international rustic Italian food franchise is also in Ireland, Singapore, Sweden, Turkey, Russia and the UK. “Jamie’s Italian” distinguishes itself from other “regular” chain or franchise restaurants because each location’s menu is unique.
“’One of the great things about this space is its size,” said, Pacific Restaurant Group Managing Director Adam Heathcote, in a statement. “With a bigger restaurant and bar area, we have a better ability to show more Brisbane locals what Jamie’s Italian is all about; simple, rustic and wholesome food with fun, friendly and welcoming service.”
The restaurant will open late this year in a multi-level department store, near the Edward Street end of Queen Street Mall but there is no word yet on what the menu will be like at this location. Other Australian locations in Sydney, Perth, Canberra and Adelaide include items such as fried gnocchi, mortadella topped with a blue cheese sauce, truffled turkey Milanese, and ending the meal (of course), with a homemade tiramisu.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts