Beer Brand Is Made Specifically for Beer Pong
Recipe of the day
- This Baseball Stadium Has Debuted a Beer Creamsicle Shake
- This Start-Up Allows Brewers and Beer-Lovers to Buy and Sell Beer Kits
- Craft Brewery Dr. Jekyll’s Adds Flaxseed Oil, Gingko Leaves, and Other Superfoods to Beer
- DC Brau and Oskar Blues Launch ‘Smells Like Freedom’ IPA with ‘Aromas of Cannabis’
- A Man Shot His Friend for Giving Him the Wrong Brand of Beer
A company called Pong Beer USA (yes, it exists) has developed Pong Beer, a brew made specifically to catch dirtied ping pong balls in a college dorm room.
Calling themselves "beer fanatics committed to providing the highest quality, most flavorful, premium product at a reasonable price," Pong Beer supposedly uses the "finest natural ingredients" to make "an exceptionally crisp, smooth, and refreshing light beer."
But what makes it suitable for beer pong (other than its "light" quality) is the deal — two ping pong balls come free with a purchase of 30 packs. Double the 30-pack buy and it comes with a "reload" (with 16-ounce party cups and four balls). On a side note, shouldn't they be selling the beer in kegs?
According to the web site, Pong beer is available in Wisconsin, Illinois, Kentucky, Tennessee, Ohio, Pennsylvania, New York, Connecticut, New Jersey, and Rhode Island.
College students in California, Texas, Arkansas, Virginia, North Carolina, Florida, Maryland, Vermont, New Hampshire, and Massachusetts can expect it soon. All you other folks will have to subsist on Natty Light for now.
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts