Intelligentsia Coffee to Open in San Francisco
Today on The Daily Meal
- Cook and Janitor of Nursing Home Kept Working without Pay Because 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Outpouring of Appreciation for Cook and Janitor Who Stayed Behind at Shuttered Nursing Home (and How You Can Help)
- America’s Unhealthiest Fast Foods
- Best Turkey Tips for Thanksgiving
- 8 Irish Whiskies Beyond Jameson
San Francisco is getting all the buzz recently for its talked-about coffee shops. Now, the famous Chicago coffee company, Intelligentsia, annouced that it will (finally) open in San Francisco after a long two years.
The San Francisco Chronicle reports that Intelligentsia originally signed a lease for the 5,000-square-foot Potrero Hill space in 2010. It was originally a partner with the former coffee shop, Ecco; however, plans to open were put on hold because of financial reasons. Now, the dream may finally come true: the coffee shop is one city permit away from opening its eighth store nationwide.
The Intelligentsia San Francisco coffee shop will still pay homage to the coffee shop before it, with an Ecco Project coffee line that will use rare beans. Ecco is no longer involved with the new store, so it's Intelligentsia coffee only.
Intelligentsia isn't the only new coffee shop gaining attention in the Bay area; San Francisco Business Times also notes the openings of Machine Coffee & Deli, Contraband Coffee, and Front Café. This is one coffee-lovin' town.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts