This Infomercial Gadget Actually Sharpens Credit Cards to Slice Tomatoes
Recipe of the day
- The Ultimate Guide to Kitchen Spring Cleaning
- Little Things You Can Do to Save Money in the Kitchen
- The Top 26 Best Food Storage Containers
- Monitor Your Meats From Your Smart Phone With This Bluetooth Thermometer
- The Cinder Sensing Cooker Uses Actual Rocket Science to Help You Cook Everything Perfectly
Yeah, we're not going to lie; some of the knives in our kitchens are hardly sharp, so we've definitely sat back once or twice and been like, hmmm, maybe I should get an Edge of Glory Ultimate Knife Sharpener. Or maybe we should just buy new knives.
Turns out, we don't need to buy new knives. We just need a credit card and an Edge of Glory. Consumer Reports decided to test out this kitschy product on a fancy knife, a cheap knife, and a credit card. The verdict? Not as effective on pricey gear, but fairly effective on a cheap knife. And the credit card? Turns out, it actually works, as they slice a tomato with a credit card. Of course, you probably won't get mandoline-like slices with a credit card, but hey, if you're of the chop-and-assemble salad-eating crowd, this is just for you. Don't spend $50 on a set of good knives; just ruin an old credit card and spend $12 on this Edge of Glory gadget.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts