Indian Chicken Salad Pockets
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 Teaspoon lime juice
- 1/2 Teaspoon curry paste
- 3/4 Cups (4 ounces) chopped grilled chicken breast
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon seeded, chopped cucumber
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon chopped red onion
- One 6 1/2-inch whole-wheat pita, halved
- 2 leaves green leaf lettuce
I’m a big fan of mixing low-fat mayonnaise with stronger flavors to give it the richness of a full-fat mayonnaise. Here, I’ve coupled low-fat mayonnaise with curry paste, which is found in the international foods aisle in most major grocery stores. Just be sure you don’t go crazy with these pastes in other dishes — most are insanely full of fat and sodium. But they also have very strong flavor, so in a dish like this — where 1/2 teaspoon does it — I absolutely love them and I suspect you will, too.
See all wrap recipes.
In a medium-sized bowl, combine the mayonnaise, lime juice, and curry paste. Whisk to blend. Add the chicken, cucumber, and onion. Mix well. Spoon the mixture evenly into the pita halves. Add the lettuce. Serve immediately.