Hulk Hogan Opening Tampa Restaurant
Recipe of the day
- Marc Forgione on His Cookbook, Abolishing Tips, and His Favorite Vodka
- Noma Documentary Launches Indiegogo Campaign
- Pete Wells Awards No Stars to Javelina, Shows Off His Backhand
- April Bloomfield in Talks for Elaborate 4-Story Restaurant with a Rooftop in Downtown Manhattan
- The Daily Meal Talks Career, Cuisine, and Contributions with Stephan Pyles
Funnily enough, everything in this following sentence makes sense: wrestler-turned-reality TV star Hulk Hogan (Terry Bollea) is opening a new waterfront restaurant in Tampa, Fla., called "Hogan's Beach."
USA Today reports that the restaurant, which will house 360 seats in 20,000 square feet, will be opening New Year's Eve, taking Margaritaville and Hooters and combining it into a tiki-themed restaurant of sorts.
"It's a logical extension of the Hogan brand, with my image and likeness. We're looking for something like Winter the Dolphin. In 36 years I've become so tangible to the public, and not just Americans. We have a chance to have an international draw," Hogan told the Tampa Bay Times. And despite the fact that the chef claims Hogan didn't want "cheese on the menu" in terms of wrestling puns, there will be sand, tiki huts, and a "mechanical shark ride to a white sand beach," not to mention a possible reality TV show.
"It would be like a controlled sound stage, with the pool, bar, volleyball, and live music," Hogan said, describing the potential show as a mashup of Bay Watch, Muscle Beach, and Cheers. So if you don't have plans for New Year's Eve, you know what to do.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts