- Craig Claiborne born (1920)
Huahua’s Taqueria Opens in Miami Beach
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- This Restaurant Made a Trump Burger to Celebrate the UK’s National Burger Day
- Which Mayonnaise-Heavy Condiment is Called ‘American Sauce’ in Germany?
- This Pastrami Ice Cream Sandwich Turns the New York Deli Staple on Its Head
- 101 Best Food Trucks in America 2015
- Four & Twenty Blackbirds: Why Brooklyn is Their Home
Michael Boles and Niloy Thakkar, the creators of HaVen Gastro-Lounge, have embarked on a new venture.
According to the press release, Huahua’s Taqueria has opened in Miami Beach, with a menu that offers a unique twist on tacos. Named for Boles’ pet Chihuahua, HuaHua’s is a casual spot with a storefront space and an outdoor patio.
Chef Todd Erickson will head the kitchen at the Lincoln Road establishment, serving menu items such as Jalapeno cornbread, fried chicken, and braised short rib all in taco form.
Boles says, “We wanted to create an everyday eatery where people can come and take it easy and enjoy delicious, affordable tacos.” The themed décor will be complete with piñatas, cacti, and an impressive hot sauce collection, all complemented by a margarita machine that will churn out daily specials.
Despite the unusual taco options, traditional Mexican fare such as nachos and carnitas will also be available alongside a vegetarian taco option made with tofu crema, as well as desserts like cinnamon sugar funnel cake.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts