- Juan Mari Arzak born (1942)
How to Work Off Your Gluttonous Holiday Feast and More News
Recipe of the day
- Costco Will Cut Back on Chilean Salmon, Source Most From Norway
- Whole Foods Market’s Stock Drops, Does Not Meet Third-Quarter Earning Expectations
- This Mother Makes Detailed Cartoon Food Art Out of Healthy Meals for Her Son
- Could Emojis Be Used to Communicate Food Allergies?
- Did You Know That These 10 Small Food Companies Had Been Gobbled Up by Big Business?
The Daily Meal brings you the biggest news from the food world.
Soldera Wine Vandal Arrested: A former employee of Case Basse di Soldera has been arrested for allegedly destroying 60,000 liters (15,850 gallons) of wine. [NY Times]
Instagram Denies Selling Photos: Instagram has clarified its modified terms of service, saying, "It is not our intention to sell your photos." The language will be updated shortly. [BBC]
Working Off Your Holiday Meal: The meal of stuffing, turkey, potatoes, sausage, bacon, Brussels sprouts, and more, totaling 956 calories, would take 1.8 hours of sit-ups, 1.4 hours of karate, or 10.5 hours of ironing to burn off. [Pop Sci]
Aziz Ansari Hits Up New Orleans: The comedian stuffed his face with po'boy sandwiches. [Grub Street]
Best and Worst Days for Restaurants: Not surprisingly, Valentine's Day is typically the best day for restaurants, while Black Friday is the slowest. [SF Chronicle]
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts