- Fabio Viviani born (1978)
How to Avoid Eating Fast Food on a Road Trip
Recipe of the day
- How to Eat Off the Grid When the Apocalypse Comes
- Love Chocolate? Love Craft Beer? Book a Flight to Portland Immediately For These Delicious Treats
- Dos and Don’ts for Tea Around the World
- 10 Healthy Snacks to Bring on Your International Flight
- A Georgia Classic: The Ritz-Carlton Lodge, Reynolds Plantation
If you have ever been on a road trip in the U.S., you’ve probably noticed the overwhelming monotony of food exit road signs. A seemingly infinite rotation of major fast-food chains lines the highway system, and unless you’re making an effort to plan other arrangements during your journey, chances are that you’ll be cruising a lot of drive-thrus.
Adding another item to your packing list might not seem like ideal way to help you out the door, but with a little time and preparation, you can actually save money and calories. Not to mention that you also have the freedom to choose exactly what you want to eat instead of settling for someone else’s menu!
Click on our slideshow to see our top five tips for planning your own healthy road trip. With a little awareness and planning, this advice can lighten up the longest of drives.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts