- Juan Mari Arzak born (1942)
How Jonathan Gold Got Into Food and More News
Recipe of the day
- Costco Will Cut Back on Chilean Salmon, Source Most From Norway
- Whole Foods Market’s Stock Drops, Does Not Meet Third-Quarter Earning Expectations
- This Mother Makes Detailed Cartoon Food Art Out of Healthy Meals for Her Son
- Could Emojis Be Used to Communicate Food Allergies?
- Did You Know That These 10 Small Food Companies Had Been Gobbled Up by Big Business?
The Daily Meal brings you the biggest news from the food world.
Jonathan Gold on Choosing Food Over Foreign Service: Apparently Jonathan Gold was convinced he was going into government work, even taking a test for the CIA and Foreign Service. He chose food instead, thanks to Pico Boulevard. [NPR/This American Life]
Restaurant Owner Vows to Make Fastest Pizza: A New York pizza maker has vowed to break the record for fastest pizza-making, aiming to stretch five 10-ounce dough rounds into 12-inch pizzas in less than 28 seconds. [CBS/AP]
Healthy Food Myths: Answering some major questions about meat glue, farmed salmon, organic produce, and trans fats. [NY Times]
More Seniors at Food Pantries: A study breaking down who utilizes emergency food programs (like soup kitchens) found that more seniors and less children are visiting. [AP]
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts