- Worcestershire sauce introduced (1937)
Hot Doug's Doug Sohn on His New Book and More News
Recipe of the day
- ‘Yes, You Are Responsible for Your Franchises,’ Labor Board Scolds Fast Food Chains
- The Vegan Seafood Tower: This. Changes. Everything.
- Why Roanoke, Virginia is an Example to Our Nation
- Subway Knew About Jared Fogle’s Creepy Exploits but Did Nothing to Stop Them, Franchisee Says
- Californians Demanding Labels for Food Products Made with Fracking Wastewater
The Daily Meal brings you the biggest news from the food world.
Photographs of NASA Food: Check out these images of all the space food made possible by the Advanced Food Technology Project. Are those M&M's we see? [io9]
Fast-Food Fan's Drive-Thru Send-Off: A major fast-food fan decided that for his funeral procession, one last sandwich from Burger King's drive-thru was in order. [CBS]
Kristen Bell Sues L'Scorpion: The actress and four other plaintiffs claim the restaurant and bar has not paid its due profits to their investors. Bell invested $20,000. [NYDN]
Questlove Meets Jiro: The Roots' drummer (and noted fried chicken connoisseur) dined at Michelin-starred Sukiyabashi Jiro and Instagrammed the whole thing. [HuffPo]
Hot Doug's Owner Writing Book: Looks like everyone notable in the food world is getting a book deal, but Doug Sohn's writing process involves doing a ton of interviews, getting the transcript, and going from there. Smart. [Grub Street]
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts