Host a 'Ladies-Only' Super Bowl Bash
Today on The Daily Meal
- Cook and Janitor of Nursing Home Kept Working without Pay Because 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Outpouring of Appreciation for Cook and Janitor Who Stayed Behind at Shuttered Nursing Home (and How You Can Help)
- 8 Irish Whiskies Beyond Jameson
- America’s Unhealthiest Fast Foods
- 8 Great Thanksgiving Toasts for Every Family
Here’s the thing about hosting a Super Bowl party — everything is always geared toward men, with man-friendly menu items like wings and pizza, and kegs of beer and rounds of beer pong.
We ladies enjoy the fare, but would like a feminine touch as well. There are tons of lady fans showing their love for the Super Bowl and in honor of them, celebrity caterer and event planner Andrea Correale has whipped up a whimsical and girl-friendly menu for a "Ladies-Only Super Bowl Party."
From truffle mac and cheese to Cobb salad towers and gorgeous — not to mention delicious — cocktails fit for females. These dishes are equal parts attractive, appropriate for game day, and easy to make, but not for the fellas — no boys allowed!
Before you set the table, you need to set the scene. Here’s what Correale dreamt up as ideal girly game day décor:
- Think sideline colors for your table décor.Take a hint from the men who rule the game by using black- and white-striped linen for your tables.
- Bring in pops of color using flowers in beer mugs.
Here are Correale's fantastic recipes:
Mini Parmesan Truffle Mac & Cheese Muffins
- 12 oz Elbow Pasta
- 2 Cups Breadcrumbs
- 3 Cups Shredded Cheddar
- 6 Tbsp Butter melted
- 2 Eggs
- ¾ cup, Milk
- 2 Tbsp Truffle Oil
- Parmesan Cheese for Melting
- Salt to taste
In a large saucepan of boiling salted water, cook the macaroni until al dente, about 5 minutes. Drain. Brush one 12-cup, nonstick mini muffin tins with butter. In a large saucepan, melt the butter. Whisk in the flour over medium heat for 2 minutes. Whisk in the milk and cook, whisking constantly, until boiling, about 5 minutes. Add the 2 ½ cups cheddar and whisk until melted.
Off the heat, whisk in the egg yolk, and salt, and then slowly fold in the macaroni until completely coated. Now, spoon tablespoons of the macaroni into the prepared muffin cups, packing them gently. Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs on top.
Cover with foil and chill for at least 30 minutes or until you are almost ready to serve. Bake in the oven on 350 degrees for about 10 minutes, until golden and sizzling. While muffins are still hot, drizzle with a little bit of truffle oil so it absorbs into the muffins.
Sesame Grilled Shrimp Over Capellini
For the Shrimp:
- 1 Pound Jumbo Shrimp
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
For the Dressing:
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Asian sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- Diced Scallions for Garnish
- 1 Pound Capellini Pasta
Bring a pot of water to a rolling boil, and add cappelini, cook till al dente, about 7-8 minutes, strain, and put pasta in a bowl. Pour 2 teaspoons olive oil over pasta and toss to keep it from sticking.
Set aside Whisk together ginger, garlic, oil, and soy sauce, then add the shrimp and toss to coat, marinate shrimp about 15 minutes. While the shrimp is marinating, preheat the grill to medium high heat. Place shrimp on the grill and cook about 2-3 minutes on each side, or until pink with grill marks. In a mixing bowl, stir all the dressing ingredients together until peanut butter is completely blended.
Pour the dressing over the pasta, the pasta will absorb the dressing. In martini glasses, plate pasta with 2 shrimp in each glass, tails criss-crossing and top with some diced scallions for a beautiful and delicious presentation!
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/2 red onion, minced (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro (leaves and tender stems), finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- A dash of freshly grated black pepper
- 1 Cup Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Cup Diced Yellow Peppers
- 1 Bag Frozen Corn Tortilla Chip Strips
- 12 Votive Glasses
To begin, cut the avocados in half and remove the seed, scoop out avocado from the peel, and into a mixing bowl. Add the red onion, cilantro and fresh lime juice and mash until all ingredients and mixed evenly. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Dice up the tomato and yellow peppers and prepare frozen corn. In the 12 votive glasses, layer the Guacamole, Tomatoes, Peppers and Corn evenly and garnish with tortilla strips for dipping!
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts