Host a 'Ladies-Only' Super Bowl Bash
Recipe of the day
- The Best Food Safety Tips for Blizzards
- Gordon Ramsay and 9 Other Chefs Who Cheated Death
- Michael Moore, Seth Rogen Banned from Michigan Restaurant over ‘American Sniper’ Comments
- Healthy and Fast: Wholesome Meals You Can Make in 30 Minutes or Less
- What is the Most Nutritious Vegetable You Could Have?
Here’s the thing about hosting a Super Bowl party — everything is always geared toward men, with man-friendly menu items like wings and pizza, and kegs of beer and rounds of beer pong.
We ladies enjoy the fare, but would like a feminine touch as well. There are tons of lady fans showing their love for the Super Bowl and in honor of them, celebrity caterer and event planner Andrea Correale has whipped up a whimsical and girl-friendly menu for a "Ladies-Only Super Bowl Party."
From truffle mac and cheese to Cobb salad towers and gorgeous — not to mention delicious — cocktails fit for females. These dishes are equal parts attractive, appropriate for game day, and easy to make, but not for the fellas — no boys allowed!
Before you set the table, you need to set the scene. Here’s what Correale dreamt up as ideal girly game day décor:
- Think sideline colors for your table décor.Take a hint from the men who rule the game by using black- and white-striped linen for your tables.
- Bring in pops of color using flowers in beer mugs.
Here are Correale's fantastic recipes:
Mini Parmesan Truffle Mac & Cheese Muffins
- 12 oz Elbow Pasta
- 2 Cups Breadcrumbs
- 3 Cups Shredded Cheddar
- 6 Tbsp Butter melted
- 2 Eggs
- ¾ cup, Milk
- 2 Tbsp Truffle Oil
- Parmesan Cheese for Melting
- Salt to taste
In a large saucepan of boiling salted water, cook the macaroni until al dente, about 5 minutes. Drain. Brush one 12-cup, nonstick mini muffin tins with butter. In a large saucepan, melt the butter. Whisk in the flour over medium heat for 2 minutes. Whisk in the milk and cook, whisking constantly, until boiling, about 5 minutes. Add the 2 ½ cups cheddar and whisk until melted.
Off the heat, whisk in the egg yolk, and salt, and then slowly fold in the macaroni until completely coated. Now, spoon tablespoons of the macaroni into the prepared muffin cups, packing them gently. Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs on top.
Cover with foil and chill for at least 30 minutes or until you are almost ready to serve. Bake in the oven on 350 degrees for about 10 minutes, until golden and sizzling. While muffins are still hot, drizzle with a little bit of truffle oil so it absorbs into the muffins.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts