Horseradish-Oyster Ceviche Recipe
- 12 oysters, scrubbed and shucked, reserving the liquor, then chopped into small pieces
- 5 cherry tomatoes, finely diced
- ¼ shallot, finely diced
- 1 ½ tablespoons bottled horseradish, preferably Gold’s
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 ½ teaspoons red wine vinegar
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 oyster shells
- Game Day Deviled Eggs Recipe
- Arugula Salad with Apple Vinaigrette Recipe
- South of the Border Salad Recipe
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups Recipe
- Individual S'more Tarts Recipe
- Graham Cracker Pie Crust Recipe
- Heirloom and Fried Tomato "Sandwich" Recipe
- Roasted Cherry Tomato Crostini with Oregano-Lemon Goat Cheese Recipe
- Garlicky Gazpacho Recipe
Whenever I have the opportunity to snack on some raw oysters, I am confronted with a real dilemma. What do I top the oysters with? Sure, I could just suck ‘em down plain… But I like a little kick. So what’s it gonna be? Mignonette, horseradish, Tabasco, lemon, cocktail sauce?
These options can be overwhelming. That’s why I came up with this incredibly simple dish. I decided to combine oysters with some of my favorite toppings, resulting in this play on ceviche with a strong bite of horseradish.
In a small bowl, mix all the ingredients (including the liquor from the oysters), except for the oyster shells. Season with salt and pepper and refrigerate for 10 minutes. Using a spoon, divide the mixture among the 6 oyster shells and serve.
Calories per serving:262 calories
Dietary restrictions:Low Fat Dairy Free, Egg Free, Milk Free, Peanut Free, Tree Nut Free, Soy Free, Fish Free, Alcohol Free, No Oil Added, No Sugar Added