- Chez Panisse opens (1971)
Horseradish and Dill Dip
- 8 Ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 Cup horseradish
- 2 Tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons chopped dill
- Kosher salt, to taste
Horseradish has been a popular condiment since ancient times, but as soon as the dip craze picked up in the 1950s, people began to realize it tastes good with sour cream, too. This dip is an easy, no-bake way to serve a few vegetables at your next party.
Add the cream cheese, horseradish, yogurt, and lemon juice to a food processor and pulse until smooth. Fold in the dill and season with salt to taste. Serve.
Special thanks to Mellissa Sevigny of I Breathe I'm Hungry for helping us test this recipe.