- First electric stove patented (1896)
Homegrown Tomato Challenge Comes Back to St. Louis
Recipe of the day
Most popular Stories
- Atlanta Food & Wine Festival 2015: An Overview
- Off the Beaten Path: Dispatch From the 2015 Atlanta Food & Wine Festival
- Georgia Pellegrini Talks Girl Power, Foraging, and Culinary Travel with The Daily Meal
- A Taste of New Orleans in the Northeast
- Forget Funnel Cake: This Music Festival Places Seasonal, Sustainable Food Center Stage
The challenge will pick winners in a variety of categories from the tastiest tomatoes to the best tomato recipes of 2013.
Two grand prize winners who will each take home $2,500 for the best tomato in the small and large categories. Six runners-up will receive $250 in retail gift cards. Another $2,500 grand prize will go to the winner of the NatureSweet Chef’s Challenge. Two runners-up for this challenge will be given $250.
A panel of local celebrities will act as the judges for the event. They will taste and rate the finalists for both the Chef’s Challenge and the tomato entries. All tomato entries will be donated to the St. Louis Food Bank after the prize ceremony.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts