- Earl S. (Tupperware) Tupper born (1907)
Home Remedies That Actually Work
Recipe of the day
- We Now Know Why Paul Rudd Works at Baskin-Robbins in ‘Ant-Man’
- This Movie Rental Place/Pizza Store Hybrid Is Giving Us ‘90s Flashbacks
- Illinois Couple Named ‘Burger’ and ‘King’ Get Hitched at Burger King
- Watch: Anthony Bourdain Makes a Cartoon Cameo on ‘Sanjay and Craig’
- PetSmart Is Offering Free Pet-Friendly Ice Cream on Sunday, July 19
There’s no end to the wives' tales that promise everything from curing the common cold with chicken soup to losing weight with cabbage (not to mention those that advise you not to swim after eating).
Many of these long-standing kitchen cures don’t work at all, but there are a few that actually deliver many, if not all, of the healing they tout, proving your mother either right or wrong. We've rounded up some home remedies that have proven to work, using everything from tea bags to sugar to olive oil.
Here are a few home remedies that have withstood the test of time (and science), offering up actual health benefits that you can definitely get on board with! In the meantime, let's stay away from the five-second rule, and not waste salt by throwing it over our shoulders. Click through our slideshow to find out more about home remedies that actually work.
— Brooke McLay, Babble
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts