- Fried Chicken Day
Holiday Place Setting Help
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
We’ve shared her holiday entertaining tips and now HGTV host and Target Home Expert Sabrina Soto is talking about ambiance.
Sure, the hardest part of entertaining is the prep work and the cooking, but creating a gorgeous table and an inviting atmosphere is very important — especially during the holidays. There are so many different holiday themes and colors to create a palette from, but whatever you choose, think creatively and get festive!
Here are Soto's tips for place settings:
• It’s easy to create multiple holiday tablescapes in your dining room without buying all new items. Start with a neutral palette of chairs, plates, and linens and layer in accent pieces to add color, changing the look throughout the holiday season.
• Metallic pieces are always a sophisticated touch. Target has silver and gold chargers ($12.99 each) that can pair with golden pinecone and mercury tree candles ($12.99 to $14.99) to create a warm ambiance for an elegant Christmas Eve dinner.
• Centerpieces are a "must-have" for any holiday table, but make sure you don’t go too tall. You want your guests to be able to see each other and talk across the table. You also want to be able to move it out of the way if you need the space for food, so keep it simple.
• Subtle seasonal touches, such as sprigs of holly tucked into napkin rings or a mini poinsettia centerpiece, can be sprinkled throughout your table to add to the holiday spirit.
• Colorful ornaments can do double duty on the table as place cards. All you need is a craft marker to add your guests’ names. Let guests take them home at the end of the night.
• Ornaments also look beautiful inside glass vases. Mix a few different shapes and colors in two or three vases across the table center. For a sophisticated look, pick beautiful metallics to fill the vases or add some green, blue, and pink ornaments.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts