Holiday Gift Guide: Rum
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
While the Caribbean may now be synonymous with rum, Americans have been drinking the rich and complex alcohol for a long time — we’re talking hundreds of years. Back in the colonial era, there were even dozens of distilleries in the Northeast producing the stuff.
So if you’re looking for a traditional holiday present, we suggest picking up a bottle of the liquor. And to make your shopping experience easier, we got Michael Neff, co-owner of acclaimed New York bar Rum House, to be our Holiday Gift Guide rum expert. He narrowed down the burgeoning selection to just five favorites, any of which we’re sure your friends and family will appreciate.
But if you really want to impress, whip up a big bowl of the Puerto Rican seasonal staple (and eggnog cousin) Coquito. Our recipe comes from talented New York bartender Giuseppe González. It calls for coconut cream, warming spices, and, naturally, rum.
Get our full Rum Holiday Gift Guide on Liquor.com.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts