We Want This Gigantic 35,800-Calorie Bloomberg Cupcake
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
- Attention: The Girl Scouts Have Come Out With a Thin Mint Ice Cream Sandwich
- Cotton Candy Oreos Are the Newest Product from the Oreo Rumor Mill
- High-Tech Utensils Prevent You From Overeating
- EXCLUSIVE: Tic Tac Launches First New Mint Flavor in Years: Intense Spearmint Mix
- Missing Your Banned British Chocolate? Now You Can Order it Online
Looks like Mayor Bloomberg is getting the honor of having his face on a cake, or rather, a gigantic cupcake.
To celebrate the opening of its first New York City location, House of Cupcakes baked a 35,800-calorie cupcake, to honor the mayor after the recently failed soda ban. Ouch.
The cupcake, shown below, weighs some 25 pounds and is made with 12 pounds of sugar, 5 pounds of butter, 4 pounds of flour, and 6 cups of cocoa powder. It is called, appropriately, The Mayor.
The Mayor premiered yesterday in New York City, and we can only hope that most of the cake is gone by now. The irony of having Mayor Bloomberg popping out of a gigantic cupcake, however, will probably last for a while. We wonder if Bloomberg will go after oversized sweets, next. We hope not; we know some pretty tempestuous cupcake lovers in New York City, otherwise known as Carries.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts