- Lorenzo Delmonico born (1881)
Here Is Conan O'Brien Learning Table Manners in Atlanta
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- You Know You Aren’t Classy When… 5 Food and Drink Choices That Are Socially Unacceptable
- No One Likes It When You’re on Your Phone During Dinner, Study Finds
- An Introvert's Cocktail Party Survival Guide
- How to Survive a Dinner Party When You Don't Like Any of the Food
- These Obnoxious Dining Habits Will End Any Relationship
Conan O'Brien took his show to Atlanta this past week, so naturally, he decided to go to manners school and learn a little about Southern charm. We're not sure how effective the training was, but the process is definitely worth a watch.
A lady named Cindy walks Conan through the basics of introduction, table manners, conversation etiquette, and more. There's the mandatory discussion of silverware ("Napkin, salad fork, entrée fork") and a long thin spoon that Conan deduces is for cocaine. Meanwhile he learns to properly eat soup from a bowl, scooping away from him like a proper gentleman. "Like ships that go out to sea, I spoon my soup away from me," Cindy instructs. "And when the soup has left the bowl, I cram the soup into my hole?" Conan continues.
Watch the shenanigans below, as he goes through the ABCs of conversation topics, quizzes students of the manners school on silverware (and makes them do pushups if they get them wrong), and pulls out some killer dance moves.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts