Herb-Crusted Halibut Recipe
Daily Value: 8%
Dairy-Free, Low-Fat-Abs, Sugar-Conscious
|Folic Acid (B9)||32µg||8%|
|Fatty acids, total monounsaturated||1g||0%|
|Fatty acids, total polyunsaturated||1g||0%|
Exclusive from The Daily Meal
Halibut holds up extremely well when paired with strong, bright flavors, like fresh herbs and coarsely ground breadcrumbs. This dish calls for the fish to be baked for eight minutes and then finished under the broiler for two minutes to make the crust extra-crispy and golden.
Check out more Healthy and Hearty Halibut Recipes.
- 1/2 cup panko-style breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 pound halibut fillet, cut into four 1/4 pound portions
Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
Meanwhile, combine the breadcrumbs, herbs, garlic, half the lemon juice, and a pinch each of salt and pepper in a small bowl until combined — spread generously on top of each halibut portion.
Transfer the fillets to an ovenproof pan and bake for 8 minutes, then switch to the broiler and cook for another 2 minutes. Divide the remaining lemon juice among the fillets and serve immediately.
Recipe DetailsServings: 4
Total time: 15 minutes