Hearty Après Ski Snacks to Make at Home
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
After a serious day of flying down the mountain, it's tempting to grab a pitcher of beer and some wings with your buddies to fill in the gap between lunch and dinner. After all, what could be easier than going to a bar in town or right off the slopes?
A day or two of junk food après isn't going to kill you, but there are better ways to replenish your body's energy reserves and give it the high-quality protein and carbs it deserves, and you'll still be able to brag about how you finally went down that shady-looking trail off the backside to your fellow skiers. We're talking about making your own après ski snacks at home.
Think about it — assuming you're staying in a place with a kitchen, these options will leave you feeling lighter and your feeling wallet fatter. We'd say that's making a turn in the right direction. And these recipes are a snap to prepare with ingredients you'll be able to easily find in town. So what are you waiting for? We can hear your stomach rumbling.
Will Budiaman is the Recipe Editor at The Daily Meal. Follow him on Twitter @WillBudiaman.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts