Heart Attack Grill Customer Suffers Cardiac Arrest
Today on The Daily Meal
- Second Heart Attack Reported at Heart Attack Grill
- Unofficial Spokesman of Heart Attack Grill Dies From Heart Attack
- Heart Attack Grill Loses Naming Fight with New York Deli
- Heart Attack Grill Owner Thinks He's Running 'Obesity Intervention' Program
- Heart Attack Grill Founder Admits His Food 'Will Kill You'
Of all the places to go into cardiac arrest, the Heart Attack Grill is the least opportune (although most fitting).
On Saturday, a customer guessed to be in his mid-40s reportedly went into cardiac arrest in the middle of eating a Triple Bypass Burger (shown on the right). The burger, with three slabs of meat, 12 bacon slices, cheese, red onions, tomatoes, and a special sauce, clocks in at 6,000 calories.
Unfortunately, this was no publicity stunt. "Even with our own morbid sense of humor, we would never pull a stunt like that," owner Jon Basso told Fox News. The man is reportedly alive and recovering.
Heart Attack Grill was founded in 2005 with the catchphrase, "Taste Worth Dying For!" Waitresses are dressed like nurses, patrons who weigh more than 350 pounds eat for free, and ironically, Basso is reportedly a former nutritionist who used to run a Jenny Craig diet center.
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts