Hear Craft & Commerce's Dramatic Readings of Yelp Reviews
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- Grant Achatz Is Opening Alinea Pop-Up Locations in Miami and Madrid
- Fancy French? Homey Delis? Red-Sauce Italian Joints? Say Goodbye to All of These and More
- David Burke fabrick Celebrates First Birthday with Special Menu
- Hooked on Cheese: Le Charme of Charm City
- Pete Wells Gives 3 Stars to Scandinavian Aquavit in Midtown Manhattan
As Eater reported yesterday, San Diego, Calif., restaurant Craft & Commerce has decided to get revenge on angry Yelpers by taking their outraged reviews, recording them, and playing them over the bathroom speakers.
Now, for your listening pleasure, here are two samples of their recorded reviews, including one of the restaurant's favorite dramatic reviews from Yelp user Amy M (second track is the best ever). Co-owner Arsalun Tafazoli told Eater that they were fascinated by the "Shakespearean quality" of some of the reviews, especially those with a "level of melodrama."
According to a representative, guests have found the recordings pretty hilarious, if not clever. Listen to two samples below, with the second one featuring Amy M's review. "Like it? Hell yeah. Love it? Hell no. Well, why the hell don't I love it? Isn't that why you're reading?" a breathy narrator purrs. This makes us want to have Pete Wells do a live reading of his Guy Fieri review.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts