Hear Craft & Commerce's Dramatic Readings of Yelp Reviews
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
- Where to Eat America's Best Macaroni and Cheese
- Bobby Flay Has Found the Best Focaccia in the World
- Days Before Ending Service, Cinnamon Snail Food Truck In Such High Demand that Line Limits are Imposed
- Here are the James Beard Foundation’s Five Picks for the 2015 America’s Classic Award
- A Sriracha Quesarito is Headed to Taco Bell
As Eater reported yesterday, San Diego, Calif., restaurant Craft & Commerce has decided to get revenge on angry Yelpers by taking their outraged reviews, recording them, and playing them over the bathroom speakers.
Now, for your listening pleasure, here are two samples of their recorded reviews, including one of the restaurant's favorite dramatic reviews from Yelp user Amy M (second track is the best ever). Co-owner Arsalun Tafazoli told Eater that they were fascinated by the "Shakespearean quality" of some of the reviews, especially those with a "level of melodrama."
According to a representative, guests have found the recordings pretty hilarious, if not clever. Listen to two samples below, with the second one featuring Amy M's review. "Like it? Hell yeah. Love it? Hell no. Well, why the hell don't I love it? Isn't that why you're reading?" a breathy narrator purrs. This makes us want to have Pete Wells do a live reading of his Guy Fieri review.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts