Healthy, Homemade Cereal
Recipe of the day
- The Best Food Safety Tips for Blizzards
- Gordon Ramsay and 9 Other Chefs Who Cheated Death
- Michael Moore, Seth Rogen Banned from Michigan Restaurant over ‘American Sniper’ Comments
- Healthy and Fast: Wholesome Meals You Can Make in 30 Minutes or Less
- What is the Most Nutritious Vegetable You Could Have?
When it comes to groceries, the biggest challenge we have met as a family is price. Most people think the price of regular flour, milk and cereal are high, but when family members bought the allergy-friendly counterparts for us when we’ve visited them, the price was a complete sticker shock.
So to help offset the high costs of groceries, we have started buying basic flakes at a cheaper price to make our own cereal. Besides, we have bought some real stinker cereals lately, so we decided to get creative by making our own flavors. I love making granola, so I started using my granola method to make cereals. I took gluten-free corn flakes and started adding a few ingredients baked in to create a tasty Gluten-Free/Dairy-Free Brown Sugar Corn Flakes Cereal!
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts