- Earl S. (Tupperware) Tupper born (1907)
Healthy Egg White Scramble Sandwich Recipe
- ½ cup button mushrooms, sliced
- ½ zucchini, halved and sliced into half moons (about ½ cup)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Whites from 4 eggs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 6-8 dashes of Tabasco sauce
- 2 slices whole wheat bread, toasted
Because you can't eat bacon, egg, and cheese biscuits all the time, here is a healthy breakfast sandwich alternative.
Sauté the mushrooms and zucchini with olive oil in a small pan over medium-low heat. Once cooked, about 5 minutes (you want them to still retain a little firmness), transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to help soak up the liquid released from the mushrooms.
In a small bowl, beat the egg whites well and season with a little salt (not too much!) and pepper. In the same small pan over medium-low heat, cook the egg whites, scrambling them with a spatula. When the eggs are almost ready, about 5-6 minutes, mix the vegetables back in and add the Tabasco sauce. Remove from the heat.
Divide the scramble over 2 pieces of prepared toast and serve.