No-Guilt Ice Cream, Cookies, Chips, and More
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
Eliminating meat, eggs, and dairy products from your diet is a great start to improving your health. But that doesn’t mean vegetarian and vegan diets are boring, ascetic, or even completely healthy.
Yes, you heard right.
On one hand, it’s great that there are still plenty of opportunities for decadent treats and splurges on a plant-based diet. But on the other, it’s important to remember that it’s still possible to make less than optimal choices, and thus, still a good idea to be aware of the nutritional value of the foods you’re putting into your body.
The following recipes use healthy swaps and alternatives to make 10 of our favorite treats more nutritious. Don’t be afraid to try clever swaps like dried fruit and beans in cookies, peas in guacamole, and tofu in ice cream! These healthier versions are just as delicious as their fat- and calorie-laden counterparts.
More From One Green Planet:
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts