Healthy 7-Layer Dip
- 2 s cans black beans, rinsed and dried
- 4 s green onions, white part only,sliced
- 3 s large avocados
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 small jalapeño, seeded and chopped
- 1 1/2-ounce jar roasted red peppers, drained, and finely chopped
- 2 Cups ricotta cheese
- 1 bunch cilantro, cleaned and chopped
- 1 bunch parsley, cleaned and chopped
- 6 s green onions, green part only, chopped
- 2 Cups sour cream
- 1 Tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 can black olives, sliced
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon red pepper flakes, optional
- Squeeze of lime juice
- Cilantro sprig, garnish
We all love seven-layer dip, but we don't like how unhealhty it can be. Try this recipe for a healthier version.
Place beans into a food processor with green onion. Run until smooth. Spread evenly on the bottom of a deep glass 3-quart baking dish.
Rinse food processor. Add avocado, salt, lemon juice, and chopped jalapenño (if using). Run until smooth. Spread over the bean layer. Sprinkle the drained, chopped red peppers over the avocado layer. Spread the ricotta over the pepper layer, and smooth to make an even layer.
Clean and chop the cilantro, parsley, and tops of the green onions together. Then place on top of the cheese layer and smooth the top. In a small bowl, mix the sour cream and taco seasoning. Then gently smooth over the herb layer. Quarter cherry tomatoes, and slice black olives and loosely sprinkle over sour cream mixture. Season with salt, pepper, and chili flakes (if using). Squeeze a little lime and top with a cilantro sprig.
Back To Avocado 101!
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts