- M.F.K. Fisher born (1908)
Happy Cow Peanut-Butter Cookies Recipe
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 14 tablespoons vegan non-hydrogenated margarine (Earth Balance)
- 3/4 cup vegan granulated sugar (or turbinado sugar)
- 1/4 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch, mixed with 1 tablespoon water (mix only right before use)
- 2 cups (about 12 ounces) vegan chocolate chips
- A good dollop of peanut butter, to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour and baking soda; set aside. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the margarine with both sugars; beat on medium speed until light and fluffy. (If you do not have electric mixer, beat well with whisk by hand). Reduce speed to low; add the salt, vanilla, and cornstarch mixture. Beat until well mixed, about 1 minute. Add flour mixture and mix until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips and peanut butter.
Drop heaping tablespoon-size balls of dough about 2 inches apart on baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
Bake until cookies are golden around the edges and set in the center, 10–12 minutes. Remove from oven, and let cool on baking sheet 1–2 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack, and let cool completely. Enjoy!