- St. Martha: Patron of Dieticians
Hanukkah Table Musts
Recipe of the day
Saturday, Dec. 8 is the first night of Hanukkah this year, and whatever traditions your family has — whether it’s making dozens of latkes, giving funny gifts to family members each night, or having a big, jelly donut-filled breakfast, you should create a festive ambiance that’s fit for the occasion.
Create a table that’s warm, inviting, and full of all of the trimmings that Hanukkah brings. From table linens to menorahs to all of the napkins and plates in between, see our favorite picks for Hanukkah:
• Let’s start from the bottom up — table linens: This stark white tablecloth has an extra hint of pizazz with a sparkle menorah in each corner.
• Plates like these don’t even need an introduction. This bone china set is the perfect mix of Bohemian and classic.
• Classic, and reusable — hello, eco-friendly! — Pottery Barn’s Hanukkah napkins tie together the traditions of the occasion.
• Festive napkin rings are adorned with signature charms for the holiday and create texture on the table.
• Tie place cards around these adorable sacks of Hanukkah gelt and center them on your setting to mark guest’s seats.
• This entire collection of glassware has us swooning — with their old-fashioned, mouth-blown and sand shaped appearance — and the subtle blue color will serve as a perfect accent for the table.
• Serving ware with a purpose — each plate is marked with its reason, from challah to latkes, so you’ll be prepared
• As for a menorah, look no further than this little guy from Jonathan Adler.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts