- World Coconut Day
'Hallow Vera' Mocktail Demo
We head to Olives to learn how to make a non-alcoholic drink that even the boozehounds would love
Recipe of the day
- 10 Smoothies So Easy Even Kids Can Make Them
- Federal Trade Commission Shuts Down Energy Drink Company Vemma for Alleged Pyramid Scheme
- Drink More Water to Lose Weight, Study Says
- Russell Wilson Swears By Recovery Water to Help Him Get Over an Injury
- Anheuser-Busch Shipped 50,000 Cans of Water to Firefighters Battling Fires in Western United States
With a lot of people feeling under the weather this time of year, the sight of a cocktail might be the last thing anyone needs. But if you still want the fun of a night out without the boozy implications, this mocktail might be just the thing for you. In the video above we headed over to the W in New York's Union Square to join Olives NY's Beverage manager Tom Favorule to make this healthy concoction.
Makes 1 Cocktail
1 oz. Pomegranate Juice
1 oz. Pomegranate Shrub (recipe below)
3 oz. Aloe Juice
2 oz. Club Soda Squeeze of Lime Juice
Fill a shaker with ice cubes. Add all ingredients. Shake and strain into a Brandy Snifter. Top with club soda. Garnish with fresh lime wedge.
4 cups pomegranate seeds
1 cup sugar
1 cup apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp. pomegranate molasses
In a quart container, mash pomegranate seeds with a muddler until juice forms. Add sugar to coat and pomegranate molasses coating completely, cover and let sit overnight or up to 8 hours in the refrigerator. The following day, add vinegar and cook on stove over medium low heat until sugar is completely dissolved. Remove from stove and strain out/remove seeds using a sifter.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts