- Ice Cream Sandwich Day
Habanero and Cucumber Margarita
Courtesy of the Fairmont Mayakoba
- 1 1/2 Ounce tequila Milagro Reposado
- 1/2 Ounce Controy (a Mexican orange liquor, can also use Cointreau)
- 1 1/2 Ounce lime juice
- 1/8 fresh cucumber, sliced with no seeds
- Dash agave nectar
- Very small portion of Habanero chile
- Slices of cucumber, to garnish
- Salt and chili powder, for rim
A spicy but refreshing margarita from the Fairmont Mayakoba in Riviera Maya, Mexico, in honor of the Mayan apocalypse.
Rub rim of a chilled glass with a piece of lime. Dip the rim of the glass in a saucer of salt and chili powder until it is evenly coated. Mix all ingredients in a shaker or blender with ice. Pour into the glass and garnish with a thick slice of cucumber.